The EPA has found that VOC concentrations can be up to ten times higher indoors than outdoors.
Keeping a clean and clutter free environment will also help keep pests out of the home.
Mold exposure can irritate the eyes, skin, nose, throat, and lungs of both mold-allergic and nonallergic people.
CO poisoning is the leading cause of accidental death in Douglas County.
There are more than 10,000 children in Douglas County who are living with asthma.
Exposure may occur only when the asbestos-containing material is disturbed or damaged in some way.